Terms and Conditions
- “The Wildlife Aid Foundation” / “we”, a charity registered under Registered Charity No. 1138944 and a company of Company No. 07026228 having its registered office at Randalls Farmhouse, Randalls Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 0AL;
- “the Website” / “site” means any website under the ownership or control of The Wildlife Aid Foundation;
- “the material” means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links or computer code published on, contained within or available on the Website;
- “User” / “you” means the individual, firm, company or organisation accessing this website.
Terms and conditions
The Website is owned by The Wildlife Aid Foundation and any use made of this site (including registrations, requests and donations made via the Website), are subject to these terms and conditions. The Wildlife Aid Foundation may, at its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating the text of this page.
Use of the Website
Anyone is entitled to view any non-password protected parts of the Website and to use for their own purposes the information contained therein, provided:
- It is used for information purposes only, for reproduction for personal use only and not for reproduction on any other website or for commercial gain.
- Any links created to the Website are to be notified to and approved by The Wildlife Aid Foundation before they are created.
- No part of the Website is to be copied, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means to any third party without the written permission of The Wildlife Aid Foundation.
Copyright and Branding
- Copyright of all the material on this site is owned by The Wildlife Aid Foundation or its content suppliers. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or re-publication without the prior written consent of The Wildlife Aid Foundation or, where applicable, the respective copyright owner(s) is prohibited.
- The names and logos of The Wildlife Aid Foundation and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trademarks of The Wildlife Aid Foundation and may not be used without the prior consent of The Wildlife Aid Foundation.
- All works in the nature of databases attract database rights.
Fundraising terms and conditions
- You may wish to fundraise for The Wildlife Aid Foundation in accordance with specific schemes on the Website. Any fundraising in aid of The Wildlife Aid Foundation should first be discussed with us.
- As an independent supporter (as opposed to an employee or paid fundraiser for The Wildlife Aid Foundation) please note that should refer to your fundraising as being ‘in aid of’ (and not ‘on behalf of’) The Wildlife Aid Foundation. This means you do not represent the charity.
- In law, you will be a trustee of any funds raised and must ensure that all donations and sponsorship money from your event is paid to The Wildlife Aid Foundation. You must inform potential donors if any amount or percentage of the funds you raise will not be paid to The Wildlife Aid Foundation.
- You may need to carry out a health & safety risk assessment for your event and to ensure that all participants are fully briefed and adequately supervised. Depending on the nature of your event, you may need insurance to cover your liabilities.
- You understand that if you do something that threatens or damages the name or reputation of The Wildlife Aid Foundation we will ask you to stop fundraising immediately.
- You may need a licence for your activity or event e.g. a licence from the local authority to collect funds on the street, in a public place or by going from house to house; a licence under the Gambling Act for a raffle or lottery; or a licence for the sale of alcohol / entertainment.
- Depending on the nature of the activities at your event, you may need to account to HMRC in respect of VAT or income tax.
- If you are collecting personal information from donors, remember that there are requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to how you deal with that information.
- Please encourage eligible donors/sponsors to make gift aid declarations. This will make the most of your fundraising efforts by enabling us to recover basic rate tax on their donations.
- You may only use fundraising materials that you have a right to copy and use. You will need our written consent to reproduce The Wildlife Aid Foundation name (a registered trademarks) yourself, and to use certain Wildlife Aid Foundation copyright materials. Apply to us for such consents.
- We would like to receive photographs of your event – if you wish to share these with us, please email them to us and we may use them to promote our work.
- If you are under 18, your parent/guardian takes responsibility for you under these T&C (which you have shown them); please also ensure they are happy about what you’ve chosen to do.
The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Users should seek appropriate advice before taking or refraining from taking any action in reliance on any information contained in this website. So far as permissible by law, The Wildlife Aid Foundation does not accept any liability to any person relating to the use of any such information. Whilst The Wildlife Aid Foundation has taken every precaution in compiling this site neither it nor any contributors to the site can be held responsible for any action (or the lack thereof) taken by any person or organisation wherever they shall be based, as a result, direct or otherwise, on information contained in or accessed through this internet site.
Warranty and indemnity
The User warrants to The Wildlife Aid Foundation that it will not use the Website, the material or any part thereof for any purpose that is in contravention of any applicable law or regulation or in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademarks, service marks or other intellectual property rights of third parties or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or in any defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful manner. The User shall indemnify The Wildlife Aid Foundation, its employees and agents, harmless against all claims, liability, losses, damages and expenses including, without limitation, legal fees and costs arising out of or incurred as a result of any claims made, or litigation brought, against The Wildlife Aid Foundation, its employees and agents, as a result of the use by the User of the Website, the material or any part thereof for whatever purpose, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitation of liability
The Wildlife Aid Foundation hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the material and any goods or services supplied in relation to the Website, whether express or implied or statutory (including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose). In no event shall The Wildlife Aid Foundation be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever even if The Wildlife Aid Foundation has been advised of the possibility of damages including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website, interruptions or delays to the Website, the provision of or failure to provide services, or for any information, material, goods and services obtained through the Website or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website, whether based on contract, tort or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
The Website may contain links to websites operated by parties other than The Wildlife Aid Foundation. Such links are provided for the User’s convenience only. The Wildlife Aid Foundation does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. The Wildlife Aid Foundation inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. The User is solely responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on the third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by such websites.
Whilst The Wildlife Aid Foundation makes all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website it cannot ensure such exclusion and no liability is accepted for damage caused through the downloading of viruses. Therefore, you are recommended to take all appropriate safeguards before downloading information from the Website.
Cookies and Privacy
What Are Cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
This site may offer newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics, which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
Although the Website uses encryption security software in areas where on line payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Any loss incurred or sustained by any User who transmits information by means of e-mail or other Internet links shall be borne solely and exclusively by such User and in no event shall any such loss in whole or part be borne by The Wildlife Aid Foundation or its agents.
The Wildlife Aid Foundation shall not be held to be in breach of its obligations hereunder nor liable to the User for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond its reasonable control including without limitation any act of God, fire, storm, flood, lightening, disease, strike, trade dispute, act of terrorism, any act or omission of government or regulatory bodies or communications operators.
Cancellations / Refunds / Returns and Gift Aid
- Users may make donations, subscriptions, and order Wildlife Aid Foundation merchandising, following the procedures set out on this site. The Wildlife Aid Foundation may revise and amend these procedures from time to time, please refer to relevant areas of the site for details.
- Users are responsible for ensuring they donate the amount they intended to donate.
- Monthly donations set up through Direct Debit will continue until you cancel the Direct Debit.
- The Wildlife Aid Foundation can only provide refunds where required by law, or where there has been a technical error.
- Where the User purchases merchandising products from the site The Wildlife Aid Foundation shall comply with relevant UK consumer legislation.
- Users are responsible at all times for making an accurate Gift Aid declaration when they make a donation to The Wildlife Aid Foundation. The Wildlife Aid Foundation is not responsible for any false or inaccurate Gift Aid declarations made by Users. Users making a donation and applying for Gift Aid are hereby confirming two statements in order to claim Gift Aid on their donations:
(1) “I am a UK tax payer and I am donating my own money.” The following types of donations would not be eligible for Gift Aid: Money donated on behalf of someone else, or a group of people; or Money donated by a company or other organisation.
(2) “I will not receive anything in exchange for my donation (e.g. goods, services, tickets or some types of membership.” Examples where you would be receiving a benefit include, but are not limited to: some types of membership subscriptions; ticket sales; lotteries or raffles
Users must provide their full names and home addresses under HMRC rules; without this information Gift Aid cannot be claimed.
- If any provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between The Wildlife Aid Foundation and the User and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications and proposals, whether electronic or written, between the User and The Wildlife Aid Foundation.
- Any failure of The Wildlife Aid Foundation to exercise or enforce any of its rights under these terms and conditions shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such rights or operate so as to bar the subsequent exercise or enforcement or any such rights.
The terms and conditions and the use by the User of the Website shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the Website and/or any transactions made on the Website, or these terms and conditions.